Quantcast

Mar 29, 2012

Booking Through Thursday

This week's BTT asks two related questions:




Are there any fictional characters whom you have emulated (or tried to)? Who and why?

and

What fictional character do you feel is most like you personality-wise? 


I take a little bit away from all the characters about which I read. I don't try to emulate them per say, but sometimes they offer such wisdom or they say things that give me something to think about in regards to my own life that I can't help but be affected. 

Personality-wise... Recently I read Graceling (review here), and although I'm definitely not like Katsa in the kick-anybody's-ass sense, I could definitely relate to her predicaments. She didn't want to be owned by anyone ~ her desire to belong to herself surpassed any other desire of her heart, even the desire to live. She was controlled by a king she despised, something of which she felt she had no control. Sometimes I feel owned by a job for which I have no passion, which I'm sure everyone goes through at some point in their lives, but I feel stuck in a place I can't stand most of the time, and despite all my efforts, I can't seem to get out. One day, hopefully, I'll bust out a Katsa move and just say *enough* ~ when I have a backup plan to pay my bills ;). 

Also, Katsa won't give up herself for the sake of love. I used to be afraid of that too, until I met my husband who accepts me the way I am, stubbornness and all. I learned, just as she did, that love doesn't mean sacrificing a part of yourself or even your freedom. It means you share a part of yourself with someone who would never take it away from you, and you give each other strengths you never knew you had. 

Happy Reading Everyone :)

~ Keely ~

4 comments:

  1. Great answer! Though I've not read the book you referenced, I love what you had to say (esp. about being married).

    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's the second time I read someone referring to Gracelling, I'm going to have to put that up on my TBR list. Here is my TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read that book...but the characteristics you mentioned show up in some of my favorites, too.

    Here's MY THURSDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3/29/2012

      Enjoyed your great answer.

      http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/booking-through-thursday_29.html

      Delete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!