Quantcast

Apr 30, 2012

Musing Mondays

This week we are musing about ...

Do you listen to audiobooks? If not, why not? And if so, what has been one of your favorites, so far?

It's been a couple of years since I listened to an audiobook, but it's not like they were a bad habit that I felt I needed to quit. I actually really like audio books. Back then, I used to drive quite a bit more, sometimes making an eight hour haul to see my boyfriend (now husband) and in lieu of music, I opted for some James Patterson or Nora Roberts. Also, I used to listen to them when I'd had a bad day or my eyes were tired ~ I could sit in the dark with my eyes closed or run off frustration with headphones and still git my literary fix. I guess my favorite in my small library of audiobooks would be the few House of Night novels. I liked the narrator and I love the books :).

What about y'all?

Happy Reading Everyone :)


~ Keely ~

6 comments:

  1. I just can't do them...usually I just fall asleep or my mind drifts away..far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. still prefer reading. First audio sample was Reyes's book from lords of the underworld. Audio books are a great alternative but the person voicing it should be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed.. I tried listening to the Dexter novels by Jeff Lindsay while booking it on my treadmill, but I couldn't stand the narrator's voice.. that one didn't work out too well

      Delete
  3. Anonymous4/30/2012

    I can't listen to audio books as I always get distracted and let my mind wonder. I've never been big on being read to.

    Here's mine: agreatescapebookblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I listen when driving. Here is my post: MM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to try audiobooks again--it's been several years and I only listened to holiday books while baking.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!