Quantcast

May 10, 2012

Booking Through Thursday

Another rainy day here in Maine. I don't dread the rain; in fact, I embrace it. Mainers seem to think that complaining about the weather will change it, so they do a lot of moaning and sighing over it. I always tell them it can't be sunny every day :)

Anyway,

This week's question asks:

Do you consider yourself an extrovert or an introvert?

I am definitely, without a single doubt, an introvert. I need to be in the company of silence in order to recharge, and social situations wear me out. Most people say I'm too quiet or ask why I'm so shy, but the truth is that I'm not meek or shy at all ~ silence isn't awkward for me, and I just prefer not to fill every quiet moment with endless chatter. In a world created for extroverts, a lot of people I've met have a difficult time grasping the concept that there are other kinds of individuals besides the loud and outgoing who have a place in this world. I love extroverted people and the fact that everyone is different ~ the world would eventually be made of zombies if we were all the same.

Not really a book question, but I tend to find that those who are more introverted are those who enjoy reading the most. I guess that's a question for another day...

Happy Reading Everyone :)


~ Keely

9 comments:

  1. Hello Kelly, just over from Book blogs. I enjoy being with family and friends but also ‘need’ quiet time to reflect and just be me. I could never be described as loud, but then I’m not shy either – just me! It’s great that there are different kinds of people in the world – go on being you. I’m going to follow your blog. You can find me at http://marchhousebookscom.blogspot.co.uk/ if you feel like calling in you would be very welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, thank you! I am following you too :) I think I went on a bit of vent there.. lol .. I agree, it's great there are different kinds of people in the world, otherwise, it'd be boring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5/10/2012

    A comfortable introvert - spot on Keely! One of the things I love most about my wife is that she appreciates the quiet moments. Very nice blog as well.

    My BTT

    @TCAbn The Motley Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an introvert but silence makes me go insane. Here's my BTT. If you have a chance checkout my Giveaway!
    Thanks,
    Cathy @ Addicted to Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a mix of both, and sometimes can go for days "in," followed by time outside my little cave to socialize.

    Here's MY THURSDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for following my blog. I don't know why my previous comment had all those extra spaces, I certainly didn't put them there - how odd!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5/10/2012

    I like how you described getting worn out in a group of people. I can get that way but it takes a long time. Sometimes I feel energized around others. Then other times I just need my space to be alone. So I think I'm somewhere in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Probably an introvert.

    http://thecharacterconnection.blogspot.com/2012/05/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5/10/2012

    I definitely agree. I find being the social butterfly an exhausting idea. Some people just don't understand the importance of "me" time. I need time to get away from it all and just reconnect with myself. Here is my BTT" A Great Escape

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!