Quantcast

Jun 28, 2012

Booking Through Thursday and From the Review Pile



This week's question asks:


Who taught you to read?

I'm told I taught myself, which makes sense because I don't ever remember a time when I couldn't read. My mother used to read me stories, and when I started telling it along with her, she thought I'd just memorized it. Until one day, my dad was reading the paper and I walked up to him, read the headline, and continued about my business. I guess I've been reading ever since :).


AND...



From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

As usual, I have a couple of books I can't wait to crack open. I don't know why I do this to myself!! I buy these books thinking I'll get to them in a few days, and of course, life happens, and they sit on my shelf, and stare at me with the proverbial puppy dog eyes, wondering why I've neglected them for so long. Needless to say, it makes me very anxious!


On my list:


"In a future world, vampires reign. Humans are blood cattle. And one girl will search for the key to save humanity."Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a vampire city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten.

Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of "them." The vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself is attacked--and given the ultimate choice. Die...or become one of the monsters.

Faced with her own mortality, Allie becomes what she despises most. To survive, she must learn the rules of being immortal, including the most important: go long enough without human blood, and you will go mad.

Then Allie is forced to flee into the unknown, outside her city walls. There she joins a ragged band of humans who are seeking a legend--a possible cure to the disease that killed off most of humankind and created the rabids, the mindless creatures who threaten humans and vampires alike.

But it isn't easy to pass for human. Especially not around Zeke, who might see past the monster inside her. And Allie soon must decide what--and who--is worth dying for.


AND...




Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront the anger and envy of the women who came before her, and make the most important decision of her life.

***Don't forget to enter the giveaway for the first in the FS trilogy, Fifty Shades of Grey! only one more day!! Enter HERE***


Happy Reading Everyone :)




~ Keely ~




6 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/28/2012

    Immortal Rules was really good, I hope you enjoy it when you get to it!
    That's awesome that you've been reading since then too, and kinda taught yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know one day I'll get to 50 shades with all the hype everyone has on it, but just not anytime soon ha. Immortal Rules I head was great so I'm jealous you have it lol. Here's my Review Pile picks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! The Fifty Shades series is awesome! And I think I know why you haven't started the last book ... simple you don't want it to end! At least that's what I felt. I went through the first two books quickly and then it "seemed" I had other things to do and not read the last book. I finally realized that was because I didn't want it to end.

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my head I can just see a little you walking up to your dad, reading the headline and then walking away with an 'deal with it' attitude! I still haven't read the Immortal series but should probably get onto that! Thanks for sharing! Hop on over if you have the time:
    http://universeinwords.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/booking-through-thursday.html
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed The Immortal Rules. I actually picked up Darkness Before Dawn because someone said it was very similar to The Immortal Rules. I haven't read any of the Fifty Shades books, and I don't have any plans to, especially with all of the other books on my TBR list. But I hope you enjoy it all the same. :)

    Thanks for sharing! Here's my Awhile on the Pile post. Happy Thursday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, your dad must have been so surprised when you just read off the newspaper headline :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/06/booking-through-thursday_28.html

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!