Quantcast

Aug 9, 2012

Booking Through Thursday



Q. Name a book you love in a genre you normally don’t care for. What made you decide to read it? Did it make you want to try more in that genre?


Well, I never considered myself to be a fan of steampunk novels. It's not that I tried to avoid them for any particular reason, it's just that I always found myself drawn to something else. I guess it's something about the 'machine' that's always turned me off because I'm more of a 'flesh-and-blood-myth' type of girl. I enjoy reading about impossible things that are based on legend, that humans have no control over, that have *supposedly* been around since anyone can remember. I guess I always veered away from steampunk novels because technology is an invention created by humans, and the destruction that occurs from that is entirely possible.

Wow, that doesn't even make a whole lot of sense as I read it over. O well, there it is. What made me decide to read this genre were the raving reviews and beautiful covers of Cassandra Clare's steampunk novels. I started with The Infernal Devices series and moved on to The Mortal Instruments, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I loved them and couldn't come up with a good enough reason why I decided to stay away from book revolving around that genre. 

I will more than likely be reading more :).



Happy Reading Everyone :)


~ Keely ~

4 comments:

  1. I cannot read Paranormal stuff.

    Here is my BTT post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about Steampunk...haven't gone there yet.

    Here's MY THURSDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8/09/2012

    Never read steampunk, don't like horror.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/booking-through-thursday_9.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a fan of certain memoirs and horror.

    http://thecharacterconnection.blogspot.com/2012/08/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!