Quantcast

Aug 12, 2012

Fallen for Covers



Fallen for Covers is a weekly meme hosted by Fallen Angels YA Book Blog. Share your obsession with the beauty of the book cover. "Don't judge a book by it's cover..." blah, blah blah.. That's all well and true, but the cover is artwork in itself and draws us into the content. Mine was chosen after perusing the website an artist that's been mentioned in the book blogosphere. You can check out Phatpuppy Art, and see all the beautiful covers she has created. Pure talent!

Honalee by Amanda Hocking
**I love Amanda Hocking, and I can't resist a good story about witches. Throw in the sweetly designed cover, and I'm done for.**

In the small midwestern town of Honalee, Hazel Panning and her best friend Molly Novak are determined to get through her sophomore year in one piece, despite the vicious cheerleaders and Hazel's ridiculous crush on Landon Hooper.

Life gets more complicated when Hazel realizes that she has a penchant for sorcery, like her aunt. Her plans to stay under the radar take a detour when she and Molly stand up for themselves, and Hazel gets the courage to act on her feelings for Landon.

Hazel discovers that the sleepy town of Honalee isn't so sleepy, and magic doesn't make high school easier.

Why? The color scheme is gorgeous ~ purples and blues = magic ~ and it has that touch of classic witchiness. The spiderwebs and spindly trees in the background and the girl with a contrast of pale skin and dark clothing and hair illuminated by the lantern. Just completely eye-catching. Love it! That, and I'm a huge fan of Amanda Hocking :).

Oh, and you know how I love to include the trailer...


So, it wasn't really out in 2010. It was supposed to come out this year, but Amanda stated she wanted to rewrite the ending, so unfortunately, we might be waiting until 2014. So far away!! But I'm sure it'll be worth it :)

Happy Reading Everyone :)

~Keely ~

6 comments:

  1. I love Amanda Hocking too!!!

    And the cover is gorgeous, but I agree 2014 is SO far away

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie. Thank you for participating FFC. I love the cover and video trailer... both beautiful.

    Have a great weekend
    My FFC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honalee looks fantastic! Love the cover and the blurb sounds like this is right up my alley. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8/12/2012

    I always love Amanda Hocking's covers as well! This is quite a unique witch cover, I really like it! Love the colours *o* Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8/12/2012

    I always love Amanda Hocking's covers as well! This is quite a unique witch cover, I really like it! Love the colours *o* Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cover looks so good! I def. want to check out this book!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!