Quantcast

Aug 11, 2012

Oh, how I wish....






Noah Hutchins (from Katy McGarry's Pushing the Limits) truly existed in an adult male form... This guy can seriously get the blood flowin'.. what is it about damaged bad-boys that is so freakin' attractive? It's kinda twisted, but it's true.. Maybe it's because they feel so much more deeply, have reached a maturity level that surpasses all others, and have this uncanny ability to understand even the worst of situations. In theory, anyway... Oh, and he's got tattoos... Maybe that's it... ;) 



Yup, totally how I picture this crazy, determined guy with loads of pent up memories. He's got this confidence he carries as if it's an accessory, taking it off and carefully placing it back on, because beneath the hard-ass, sometimes crude, persona he puts off, the guy is stocked full of hope and doubt. 

I love the reactions Echo gets out of him. Totally unexpected, but she's just as damaged as he is, so I guess he sees a similar, tattered soul in her. Someone who understands and wouldn't ever judge. Completely heart-wrenching but sweet and hopeful at the same time. Sometimes words just aren't enough to describe the type of emotions brought out in this book so far. (Nope, not done yet ~ just lovin' it so much I had to gush a bit.)

Here's some excerpts from Noah's point-of-view: 

"Sometimes when you see the line, you think it's a good idea to cross it -- until you do."
"My fist closed and I kept my hand under the table to prevent myself from pounding the wall like I wanted. Keesha would love more leverage to prove my instability."
"She plagued me for several reasons....I took the last hit and held the smoke until my nostrils and lungs burned. And then there were the reasons that confused me."
"Shit, what if she did trust me? What would I do with it?"
"If I'd had the thinnest chance at normal again, I would have burned the damn jacket. I was sure she wanted her brother back as much as I wanted mine. To have a home again, and parents, and dammit. Normal."
"'Noah?' 'Yeah?' 'I'm kind of done hugging you.' Reluctantly, I let go. One shot. One fucking shot. What the hell do I do now? What the hell do I want? Echo."
"I don't know. The truth stuck in my throat. I wanted to tell her that she'd be more, but I couldn't. I didn't do attachments and here was this amazing creature, asking me for one."
"When I said nothing, the best thing that happened to me in three years left. Damn, I was an idiot."


Okay, maybe I went a little overboard, but I don't think you're complaining. :) 


How can you resist reading this book after all that? The trailer is a little "eh", but I love the way it's described, so here it is anyway for ya :)




Happy Reading Everyone :)


~ Keely ~



4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/11/2012

    Keely, you're like a mind reader! I'm currently all over Noah as well after finishing Pushing the Limits this morning >_< AAAAAHH!! All those quotes are melting me again TT o TT
    Thanks for the awesome post!

    ~ Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* I finished this book on Sunday! I absolutely looooooove Noah Hutchins <3 BTW, he has a twitter account if you want to stalk him ;) hehe.. like me ^_^ I hope you finish it soon! <3<3<3<3 Best book of 2012 by far


    Ana♥ @ Beach Bum Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Vivian @ Vivaciously, Vivian lol thanks for visiting! he's so awesome.. the further along I get in the book, the more I love him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ana♥OoOo thanks for the heads up! I can't put it down!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!