Quantcast

Sep 12, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Gravity by Melissa West



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine in which we book lovers share what soon-to-be-released novels we are anxiously awaiting to find a permanent home on our overflowing shelves.

My pick this week:


Gravity by Melissa West
Release Date: October 16, 2012
In the future, only one rule will matter:

Don’t. Ever. Peek.

Seventeen-year-old Ari Alexander just broke that rule and saw the last person she expected hovering above her bed — arrogant Jackson Locke, the most popular boy in her school. She expects instant execution or some kind of freak alien punishment, but instead, Jackson issues a challenge: help him, or everyone on Earth will die.

Ari knows she should report him, but everything about Jackson makes her question what she’s been taught about his kind. And against her instincts, she’s falling for him. But Ari isn’t just any girl, and Jackson wants more than her attention. She’s a military legacy who’s been trained by her father and exposed to war strategies and societal information no one can know — especially an alien spy, like Jackson. Giving Jackson the information he needs will betray her father and her country, but keeping silent will start a war.


I love that Ari is a "military legacy," meaning she must be a badass heroine who doesn't constantly need saving. And alien spy? C'mon... what more could you ask for?

What are you waiting for?


Happy Reading Everyone :)


~ Keely ~

15 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really complicated situation, nothing all like I was expecting when I started reading the summary.

    I think this might have to be another addition to my never ending to read list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm excited for this one too. it sounds like it's gonna be an awesome read. happy reading :)

    our WOW

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty nice choice that I've seen around in the past months :) It's definitely on my TBR :)

    I just followed you on GFC. Do you mind following back?

    My WOW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, it sounds really amazing! I honestly cannot wait for it now either! :D

    I realized I am already following you! Awesome blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont. Ever. Peek.
    That's such a terrific invitation to read a book :D
    My WoW - WoW
    Following you now, would love a follow back :)
    Aditi
    That Readioactive Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice, Keeley! Just recently added this one to my TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for this one! As soon as I'd read the summary, I'd added it to my TBR list :) Awesome choice this week <3

    New Follower / My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover is soooo pretty!! Thanks for coming by my blog and following. Following back :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I went half an hour before realizing your comment window was a pop up lol. Thank you for stopping by my blog and sharing the link to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen this one before and I would love to get my hands on it soon. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've had this one on my TBR list for a while now! I just love that cover and synopsis, and I know it's gonna be amazing because it's from Entangled! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome pick ~ this one has me very excited!! :D

    ~Ali
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Added it to my TBR list. This looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent pick, I cannot wait to read this one! thanks for stopping by My WoW and for following. I am now stalking you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't heard of this one before. Sounds interesting though. Thanks for showcasing it.

    Check out WOW.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!