Quantcast

Mar 2, 2013

Review: Breaking Dawn ~ Part Two



Holy Freakin' Mind Blown!

There aren't many instances in which I am instantly of the opinion that a movie did the movie justice, but in this case, I think my expectations were surpassed.

I know a lot of people have an issue with Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Saga, but I'm far from being one of them. I'm a huge fan, and nothing has strayed me from being as such.

Last time I saw one of the Twilight's in theaters, I almost had to give CPR to a teenage girl who nearly hyperventilated in the seat next to me. So I doubt you'd be surprised that I passed on this one, opting to see it in the comfort of my own home on the day of it's "big release." Now that I've seen it, I'm kinda patting myself on the back for that decision. (Due to my own near loss of breath and my husband's barbarish behavior ~ read on.)

Everything went according to the book for the most part, aside from minor instances that really had no impact on the core of the story as I grew to know it. I knew the differences were there, but Hollywood still made it good. As an avid fan of the books, I didn't have any reason to complain...

Kristen Stewart looked beautiful. I know she's kind of the laughing stock of the celebrities right now, but I've always liked her, and I don't see anything inhuman about her now. We all screw up right? She just happens to be under the scrutiny of millions. She started out a little rocky in this film series, but I see a lot of growth and improvement, and I think she rocks as Bella.

Robert Pattinson... well... I never really liked him as Edward, but since he's not going anywhere (obviously), I'll just say he played his part.

But Jacob... Oh, Jacob. He's the one I wish Bella had chosen from the start. I love him. Oh, and Taylor Lautner is pretty sweet too.


Mackenzie Foy played a beautiful Renesmee, even if the computerization was a little freaky at first.

Then we reached the beginning of the climax. Of all the things I loved about this movie, I swear my favorite part was seeing my husband screaming at the television screen. See, the Twilight Saga is the only fictional thing I've ever seen him read in the five years we've been together. And he read them all in a week, so he's just as absorbed as I am. He doesn't watch football, but he screams and goes all gorilla at the television when vampires are kicking ass. I love that man.

I did my own bit of screaming, gasping, and trying to remember how to breathe. I don't know how many times I grabbed both sides of my head and yelled, "WHAT THE - "


I was complete freaked. It was amazing, and in my opinion, it's how the book should have ended. Well... maybe I'll take that back, because I honestly do love the books just they way they are, but holy wow did the producers/directors/whoever do an fabulous job! 

The only complaint that I have is that it wasn't longer. It was over, and I was like... "Eh... Wha-... That's IT??!"

Ah, but it was a beautiful ending, and I certainly wasn't disappointed. This is one of those bittersweet moments when the story you've been in love with for years is over. The books are long done, the movies are finished, and now... it's time to move on...

*sigh* 


For those of you who are Twilight fans, you know what I mean. 



Rating: *Rocked My World*



Happy Reading (and Viewing) Everyone :)





5 comments:

  1. Eeee! I loved it too! Can I assume you're a Kristen Stewart fan? I love that girl because she ISN'T perky and perfect all the time. I thought she looked gorgeous as a vampire. I love the books and I loved the movies, though this one is my favorite. Love the whole cast with one exception :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Adria Reyes You can assume correctly.. I wasn't sure with the first movie, but she grew on me with the rest.. that combined with other movies she's been in ~ yeah, I'm a fan.. There's nothing fake about her.

    It's so awesome that you're a fan! So many people bash Twilight, and I understand there are lots of different opinions, but there are people that would assassinate the story if it took up physical space.. It's crazy!

    I love it and I'm glad you love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Keely Anne That's what I love about Kristen too, that she isn't fake and reacts to situations the way normal people would.

    I love Twilight, the books and the movies but it's kind of hard to find other fans among all the bashers, most of whom have never read or watched the movies. How they can form an opinion on something they've never read or seen is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Adria Reyes Oh, I know!! They put so much effort into hating it! It's crazy... I wouldn't expect everyone to like the story, but sometimes I feel that so many people bash it because it became so popular.. who knows!!

    So happy to meet a fellow fan :)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!