Quantcast

May 21, 2013

Cover Love



I've written a post or two about how we most definitely judge a book by its cover. It's the first thing we see, the beginning spark between a reader and a book, and it's that initial attraction that draws us in. 

The other day, I came across a book I just had to share just because of the cover alone. Not only that, but if the cover was the hook, the the synopsis and the reviews were the line and sinker. 



A new killer is stalking the streets of London’s East End. Though newspapers have dubbed him ‘the Torso Killer’, this murderer’s work is overshadowed by the hysteria surrounding Jack the Ripper’s Whitechapel crimes.

The victims are women too, but their dismembered bodies, wrapped in rags and tied up with string, are pulled out of the Thames – and the heads are missing. The murderer likes to keep them.

Mayhem is a masterwork of narrative suspense: a supernatural thriller set in a shadowy, gaslit London, where monsters stalk the cobbled streets and hide in plain sight.


Beautiful isn't it? I love the abstract and elegant black against what looks like parchment, and in the middle of it all is this slash of red in harsh font. This one's going on display like a work of art on my shelf.

And gloomy, gaslit London in the midst of the Jack the Ripper era? How could I possibly pass the opportunity by? 

Enjoy!


Happy Reading Everyone :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!