Quantcast

Jan 28, 2014

Teaser Tuesday




Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Pretty simple really: just grab one of your current reads, crack it open, and pick a few lines in order to give other readers a glimpse into the book.


This week, I'm choosing Making Faces by Amy Harmon. This book is consuming me - sleep be damned. 

One of my favorite scenes so far is when Fern and Bailey are driving around their sleepy little town discussing the shit hand that Bailey's been handed in life. 


"'There are times like that, Bailey. Times you don't think you can take it anymore. But then you discover that you can. You always do. You're tough. You'll take a deep breath, swallow just a little bit more, endure just a little longer, and eventually you'll get your second wind.'"
"'Accept the truth in it. Own it, wallow in it, become one with the shit.'"
"Swearing could be very therapeutic."

There you have it. I've been in a reading slump lately, and this book is turning out to be my savior. Seriously. It's incredible so far, and even though I haven't finished it yet, I would take that leap and go so far as to highly recommend it.


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

OR

Download Making Faces via Amazon or B&N.


Happy Tuesday!!!

Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. I love that quote "Times you don't think you can take it anymore. But then you discover that you can. You always do. You're tough. You'll take a deep breath, swallow just a little bit more, endure just a little longer, and eventually you'll get your second wind." It makes me really want to read this book! I'm glad it's been so good for you. Here is my Teaser Tuesday if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "Become one with the shit" lol!!! Nice teasers, I've been seeing this book everywhere!
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!